The SP15E is a compact self-powered high SPL subbass system. The cabinet is constructed of a rigid, multilayer birch ply reinforced with multiple bracing and finished with a sturdy coating.
An impressive featherweight of 50 kg solid sub due to an inventive cabinet construction loading a light, 4 inch coil, neodymium driver and ultralight 1500 Watt CCD amp.
Cabinet dimensions are optimised for international trucksize. Eight barhandles placed in an ergonomical grippoint layout, Nano Armor polyurethane coating and additional corner protection with muliple slide bars facilitate easy transport.
Locked, stable stacking of several cabinets is easy because off the protective slidebars. Polemounting can be done both standing or flat depending available floorspace. The SP15E will endow any F.O.H. system with a rock solid foundation in the lowest audible octaves.
How fast can you plug in an XLR and a Powercon, 20 seconds? That’s all.
A recessed switch facilitates Sound Projects’ standard* or free external lowpass selection. The SALC (Single Audio-logic Level Control) speaker management maintains the tonal balance of the sound as perceived by the human ear and protects the drivers from over excursion or overheating.
*60Hz @ 24dB Butterworth
Maximum sub efficiency for the desired cabinet dimensions is obtained by creativity as well as state-of-the-art computer aided modelling techniques and acoustic calculation programs.
- Drivers: 1 x 15" High Power, Low distortion, long excursion design.
- Double, impregnated spider and ventilated coil gap for reduced power compression.
- Freq. response: 30-60/100Hz (switchable)
- Max. peak SPL @ 1m: 130dB
- crest factor 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD ™ technology
- Output: 2000 W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60/100Hz
- Filter subsonic: 30Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced,
- 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 1200 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- S.A.L.C. (Single Audio Logic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/
- signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction:
- cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 50 kg including castors
- Size WxHxD (mm): 450x750x620 (748)
- Rigging points: Optional Uni Rigging
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors:
- Powercon in, Powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice
Related topics will also be added soon.