The SP18E is a compact self-powered high SPL sublow system. The cabinet is constructed of a rigid, multilayer birch ply reinforced with multiple bracing and finished with a sturdy coating.
The SP18E is easy to handle particularly due to an inventive cabinet construction holding a 4 inch long coil neodymium driver and ultralight 1500 Watt CCD amp. An impressive featherweight of 45 kg solid sub.
Cabinet dimensions are optimised for international trucksize. Ergonomical grippoint layout, Nano Armor polyurethane coating and additional corner protection with muliple slide bars facilitate easy transport.
Protective slidebars facilitate locked stacking of more cabinets. Polemounting can be done standing or flat. The SP18E will endow any of F.O.H. system with a rock solid foundation in the lowest audible octaves.
How fast can you plug in an XLR and a Powercon, 20 seconds? That’s all.
The SALC (Single Audio-logic Level Control) speaker management is a proprietary RMS based gain riding circuit which maintains the tonal balance of the sound as perceived by the human ear and protects the drivers from over excursion or overheating.. A recessed switch facilitates Sound Projects standard* or free external lowpass selection.
*60Hz @ 24dB Butterworth
To match the desired cabinet dimensions and to obtain maximum efficiency, state-of-the-art computer aided modelling techniques and acoustic calculation programs are used to precisely indicate the manifold reinforcing ribs and port tuning.
- Drivers: 1 x 18" high power, low weight, neodymium design
- Freq. response: 25-60Hz/FR (switch)
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 132dB c.f. 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD™ technology
- Output: 2400W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60 Hz
- Filter subsonic: 25Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: < 3000 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB c.f. within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated Multiplex with multiple bracings
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 58 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 600x750x620 (748)
- Rigging points: optional flying side frames
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: Powercon in, Powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice
Related topics will also be added soon.