The SP218 is an elegant, Class D-powered sub-low system loaded with two impressive neodymium magnet loudspeaker assemblies. The cabinet is constructed of rigid, 13 layer plywood with multiple internal bracing.
Particular attention to weight and handling results in several user benefits. Including the 2400 Watt ultra light CCD amps the SP218 is an impressive featherweight of just above 100kg with no less than 12 ergonomic bar handles to carry it around.
Cabinet dimensions are optimised for international truck size. Ergonomic grip point layout, 8 castor positions, additional corner protection and muliple slide bars all facilitate easy transport.
Durability is addressed by a sturdy nano-armor™ coating.
The SP218 will endow any kind of F.O.H. or distributed sound system with a rock solid foundation in the lowest audible octaves.
How fast can you tip a cabinet, plug in an XLR and a Powercon, 20 seconds? That’s all.
Sustainability and a minimal environmental footprint are essential SP218 criteria and addressed by a scrutinised selection of cabinet construction materials such as FSC* certified multilayer plywood, fully recyclable aluminium and moulded PE elements. High efficiency class D amplifier modules further reduce transport weight to just above 100 kg.
The SALC (Single Audio-logic Level Control) speaker management is a proprietary RMS based gain riding circuit which maintains the tonal balance of the sound as perceived by the human ear. Additionally it protects the SP2-18 drivers from over excursion or overheating.
To match the desired cabinet dimensions and to obtain maximum efficiency, state-of-the-art computer aided modelling techniques and acoustic calculation programs are used to precisely indicate the manifold reinforcing ribs and port tuning.
- Drivers: 2 x 18" high power, low weight, neodymium design
- Freq. response: 30-60Hz/FR (switch)
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 137dB c.f. 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD™ technology
- Output: 2400W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60 Hz
- Filter subsonic: 25Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 1200 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB c.f. within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 107 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 600x1200x860 (990)
- Rigging points: optional flying sideframes
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: Powercon in, Powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice
Gallery will be added soon.
Related topics will be added soon.