The SP221 is an elegant self-powered sub low system that gets the maximum out of the minimum.
The SP221 proves that a super sub cabinet doesn’t have to be heavy. A massive 13 layer plywood, optimally braced cabinet design loads two impressive neodymium magnet loudspeaker assemblies. Including the 5000 Watt ultra-light CCD amps the SP221 is an impressive featherweight of just above 100kg.
Dimensions are optimised to match international truckload size. Ergonomic, 12 point grip point layout, a combination of 8 castor positions, polyurethane coating, additional corner protection and multiple slide bars facilitate easy transport.
The SP221 will endow any kind of F.O.H. or distributed sound system with a rock solid foundation in the lowest audible octaves.
How fast can you tip a cabinet and plug in an XLR and a Powercon, 20 seconds? That’s all.
Sustainability and a minimal environmental footprint are essential SP221 criteria and addressed by a scrutinised selection of cabinet construction materials such as FSC* certified multilayer plywood, fully recyclable aluminium and moulded PE elements. High efficiency class D amplifier modules further reduce transport weight to just above 100 kg.
*Forest Stewardship Council.
The SALC (Single Audio-logic Level Control) speaker management is a proprietary RMS based gain riding circuit which maintains the tonal balance of the sound as perceived by the human ear. Especially at high levels. Additionally it protects the drivers from over excursion or overheating.
To match the desired cabinet dimensions with maximum efficiency in the lowest octave, state-of-the-art computer aided modelling techniques and acoustic calculation programs are used to precisely indicate the manifold reinforcing ribs and port tuning.
The sound reinforcement system shall hold two low-weight neodymium 21-inch drivers, each powered by a 2500W class-D amplifier. The maximum peak output of the total system shall be 140dB at 1m. The syste¬m shall be switchable between full range or the 25-60Hz frequency range. The systems coverage angle shall be omni-directional.
The cabinet shall be constructed of cross grain laminated multiplex, covered by a protective 2-component polyurethane coating. The total system weight including amplifiers and audio control shall be 108 kg only. It shall have an IEC XLR-3 audio in and output connector and a powercon in and thru mains connector.
The system shall be a self-powered design holding its own protective audio logic control electronics and amplifiers within the cabinet.
- Drivers: 2 x 21" high power, low weight, neodymium design
- Freq. response: 25-60Hz/FR (switch)
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 140dB c.f. 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD™ technology
- Output: 5000W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60 Hz
- Filter subsonic: 25Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 3000 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB c.f. within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 108 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 600x1200x860 (990)
- Rigging points: optional flying sideframes
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice