The SPX-4 is a self powered sound reinforcement system with an unrivalled efficiency / weight-ratio. Capable of generating tremendous high acoustic output with ultimate fidelity. Recommended subs are SP2-15 or SP2-18.
Efficient high-fidelity drivers loaded by an optimized joint waveguide combined with a unique 'balance-drive' horn design deliver perfect voice projection and a punchy bass.
The combination of ultra lightweight cabinet design, neodymium magnet loudspeakers and high efficient class-D amplifiers, results in a convenient, featherweight powerhouse of 45kg only!
All you need is 1 minute or less to stack up without back-aches or power lifting and plug in the on-board connector cables. Compared to the majority of comparable systems the SPX-4 is a relieve to handle, lift and stack.
Conventional stacking on an SP215 or SP218, brings the SPX-4 HF horn immediately positioned at the right height (2.2m) to guarantee unhindered HF projection.
Sustainability and a minimal environmental footprint are essential SPX4™ criteria addressed by a scrutinised selection of cabinet construction materials such as FSC* certified multilayer plywood, fully recyclable aluminium and moulded PE elements.
*Forest Stewardship Council.
EQ time to adapt to room and/or taste is fun not an obligation. Regardless of program, most reported and noticeable discovery by F.O.H. engineers is that they tend to leave the house EQ flat.
Sound Projects' Nano-armor™ coating protects your valuable system against heavy weather, dust, etc. It's easy to clean, durable, and non-reflective.
Minimum power consumption and ultra efficient Class-D amplifiers further reduce transport size and transport weight to a minimum.
The sound reinforcement system shall hold a 1.4” HF driver loaded by a constant coverage waveguide. It’s exit shall be shared by a low-weight neodymium 12-inch driver loaded by balance-drive horn loading system, powered by a 1200W amplifier. The maximum peak output of the total system shall be 138dB at 1m. The syste¬m shall have a 60Hz-20kHz frequency range. The system shall have a 85 degrees horizontal and 30 degrees vertical coverage angle.
The cabinet shall be constructed of cross grain laminated lightweight multiplex, covered by a protective 2 component polyurethane coating. The total system weight including amplifiers and audio control shall be 45kg only. It shall have an IEC XLR-3 audio in and output connector and a powercon in and thru mains connector.
The system shall be a self-powered design holding its own protective audio logic control electronics and amplifiers within the cabinet.
- Drivers: 1 x 1.4”, 1 x 12" high power, low weight, neodymium design.
- Freq. response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 138dB c.f. 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: 85H x 30V
- Amplifier(s): CCD™ technology
- Output: 1200W sine (DALC limited)
- Crossover: 1.4 kHz, 4th order
- Filter subsonic: 60Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 1200 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex (PEFC certified)
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 45kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 450x1200x600 (trapezoid)
- Rigging points: Integrated SPX flypoints, recessed pole mount.
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice
We couldn’t improve our SP4 touring systems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
Our focus has been to: retain the “always right” Sound Quality and stack height of the SP4 reduce the environmental impact and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to 50%.
The new SPX-4 universal workhorse fuses a slender design with half the weight of the SP4. Only half a minute, single person hook up time per stack. Integration of our proven SP4 wave guide into the SPX4 balance-drive bass horn design and lots of lightweight CCD™ amplifier power allow more bass kick.
It's the kind of cutting edge evolutionary pragmatism you have come to expect from Sound Projects and we don't mind telling you we are very proud of the results.
2013 will welcome the launch of the new SPX-4!