The SPX-90 is a full-range, self-powered sound reinforcement system with a rotatable horn and a tightly controlled vertical dispersion pattern. This feature enables to use the SPX-90 as a stand alone system or to be flown as a downfill below an SPX line-array system.
The SPX-90 packs a carefully matched 12-inch mid/bass driver and a 1.4-inch HF driver, which is loaded on a rotatable constant directivity horn with 90 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical dispersion. The SPX-90 excels in smooth acoustic coupling, vocal transparency and SPL in small to medium sized configurations. Together with an accompanying sub low system, like an SP15 or SP18 sub cabinet, the frequency response can be extended an octave downwards. For most programme material the power balance between one SPX-90 and two SP15's or one SP18 sub-low will be just right.
The SPX-90 is part of the SOUND PROJECTS Sigma Series (hybrid line-array line) and is the result of endeavours to create the ultimate modular sound reinforcement system. It encompasses a ribbon source line-array as well as more conventional point source systems.
The sound reinforcement system shall hold one low-weight neodymium 12-inch driver equipped with a 3 inch voice coil and a 1.4” HF driver loaded by a free rotatable horn to allow both horizontal and vertical placement of the cabinet. The system shall have a dispersion of 90 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical. The system shall contain two 500W amplifiers with dedicated band pass filters and speaker management system. The maximum peak output of the total system shall be 134dB at 1m. The syste¬m shall have a 60Hz-20kHz frequency range.
The cabinet shall be constructed of cross grain laminated multiplex, covered by a protective 2 component polyurethane coating. The total system weight including amplifiers and audio control shall be 32 kg only. It shall have an IEC XLR-3 audio in and output connector and a powercon in and thru mains connector.
The system shall be a self-powered design holding its own protective audio logic control electronics and amplifiers within the cabinet.
- Drivers: 1 x 1.4”, 1 x 12" High Power low weight Neodymium design.
- Freq. response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 134dB crest factor 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: 90H x 60V (rotatable)
- Amplifier(s): MA1000™ technology
- Output: 1000W sine (DALC limited)
- Crossover: 1 kHz, 4th order
- Filter subsonic: 60Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 300 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 32 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 395x600x405 (trapezoid)
- Rigging points: Integrated SPX flypoints, recessed polemount.
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient
Specifications subject to change without notice